Christmas Newsletter December 21
The Board of Folk Alliance Australia (FAA) would like to extend to all our members and other contributors to the folk music community the very best wishes for the Christmas and New Year seasons.
In what has been the toughest times for the live music sector, we are expecting brighter things in 2022 – that we will be able to enjoy the wonderful talents we have here, on display and enjoyed together by our strong folk music community. We look forward to attending some of the great folk festivals that will be kicking off again in 2022 and to meeting up with friends old and new and folk performers again.
FAA Achievements – Australian Folk Music Awards
In 2021 FAA has been trying hard to work through and around the difficulties caused by the pandemic. The most visible of these was the establishment of the Australian Folk Music Awards which brought together and recognised great recordings and other achievements in the recent past. Despite ever-changing government regulations, we managed to have a small live event in Adelaide to showcase the Award recipients and other artists, together with an on-line record through our You Tube channel.
The Awards were a great success with many applications received, large vote numbers for the People’s Choice Award, a good audience for the event, the ability to attract highly-regarded judging panelists and high community interest generally.
FAA Achievements – Other
- Formed a partnership with Bandzoogle for artist website concessions
- More regular and comprehensive newsletters
- A much greater social media presence
- Putting much more information on, and some enhancements to, our website
- Showcasing to a wider audience many artists’ albums, video clips, festivals, opportunities for funding support and live showcase applications
- A steady increase in membership thereby giving us a stronger voice to support our community
- Helping connect with other music industry participant. Lobbying and supporting folk music
The FAA Board will be looking at several initiatives for our members next year:
- Hold the 2nd AFMA’s Awards with an expanded number of categories. We will be announcing a new venue for the Folk Awards in 2022. Stay tuned…!
- Expand the live Awards event to attract a larger audience
- Build further on the communication improvements to better support our members
- Redevelop our website to make it easier to access information and support opportunities
- Expand our social media presence further
- Actively seek sponsorship opportunities to invest in the Australian folk music sector
- Pursue new programs to expand our voice
Thank you for being a member of FAA in 2021!
All of our income goes towards maintaining a national organisation and supporting projects that benefit Australian diverse folk music.
Join the FAA
You can help us!
Signing up to FAA will enable us to do more – to support YOU, YOUR VENUE, YOUR FESTIVAL, YOUR INDUSTRY, YOUR COMMUNITY.
You can also derive insurance and website benefits through our partners AON and Bandzoogle. Also, as a member, you are eligible for complimentary baggage allowances on certain Virgin Australia flights.