It is a requirement that all contractors, including performers, have their own Liability Insurance, proof of which needs to be provided to event organisers.
Changes to Folk Alliance Australia’s Insurance Program:
What is new?
Always keen to provide you with a great offering, we’ve recently made improvements to our Performers insurance:
- 12 months cover no matter what time of year you buy or renew our insurance.
- Free professional liability included as part of the policy.
- Certificate of Currency within minutes, not days*.
What is covered?
Aon has all aspects of the Folk Industry covered, so whether you are a club, event organisers or performer/s, we have you covered.
- $20,000,000 Public & Products Liability Cover
- $1,000,000 Any one claim and $2,000,000 in the Aggregate Professional Liability Insurance
- Performer Insured Members: Anywhere in the World excluding USA & Canada
- Festival/Club Insured Members: Anywhere in Australia & New Zealand
|Festivals/Events (maximum of 2500 attendees)*||$498.25||$501.05||$503.86||$478.61||$473.00|
* Insurance for larger Festivals/Events is available for FAA members, but you should contact Aon directly for a quote on 1800 806 584.
to purchase a policy under this scheme you must be a current and financial member with Folk Alliance Australia. Please make sure to have active membership and your membership number prior to purchasing cover.
Public Liability Insurance
our Public Liability policy covers you for claims made against you by a third party, who suffer an injury or property damage, at any event or premise you work from.
this is included as part of your policy, free of charge. It covers you for any claims made against you during the period of insurance as a result of the provision of professional advice in relation to your Insured activities.
for the purpose of this insurance, Folk Music is defined as music that is culturally specific and primarily acoustic in nature. Folk Music is not considered the following: heavy metal, hard rock, punk, hardcore, hip-hop, rap and music deemed to be within a similar context.
Folk Dance is defined as dance that is culturally specific. Folk Dance is not considered the following: breakdance, fire-twirling, moshing, log-throwing, crowd-surfing, acrobatics and dance deemed to be within a similar context.
Other Special Aon Benefits
Aon has offers a range of special FAA membership discounts for other products, including Equipment Insurance and Voluntary Workers Insurance. To discuss this further with Aon, please contact Aon directly on 1800 806 584.