CONDITIONS AND RULES:-
- NOTE:- The performer/act in the Youth Award shall be nominated by a recognized folk/roots/acoustic festival, organisation, society, agency or music representative. Acts cannot self-nominate.
- This Award is for a leading Young Act (solo or group) playing traditional or contemporary folk music in any diverse folk music genre. The aim of the project is to boost the profile of young performers and introduce, support and encourage them to the next level of their development.
- The Award is to support the development of a high quality identified youth performer.
- The youth artist shall be ‘tour ready’ and shall be available to play at leading folk festivals around Australia in 2023.
- The nominated artist will have good quality recordings/video and press material/bio available and have a track record of performances at a number of recognized folk/music venues.
- Nominated Youth Acts shall be between ages of 15 -25 years of age at the time of nomination. All members of a nominated group shall be between 15-25 years of age.
- The Youth Act of The Year will receive touring support from FAA as well as receiving mainstage bookings at key partner folk festivals. The Youth Artist of The Year will receive the opportunity to showcase at the Folk Alliance International annual Conference (USA/Canada).
- Support will also be given to the ‘Runner-Up’ at a level to be determined.
- The panel will assess the following:- Track record of act, quality of support material, potential and opportunity for act to take next step in their development and capability of representing FAA as Youth Act of The Year.
- There is NO Fee to be paid to Nominate or enter this Award. Entry is FREE.
Nomination for AFMA Youth Artist of the Year
- All Nominations must be made via the On-Line Entry Form
- All questions must be completed and information requested is to be supplied as links or attachments only as requested. Your Application may be invalid if all information is not submitted.
- You may nominate for more than one AFMA Award (if applicable a separate fee must be paid)
- Nominations open in June and close on 12 Midnight Sunday 31st July 2022 EST.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- The nominated artist for Youth Artist of the Year must be an Australian Permanent Resident. Group/Acts members must comprise 50% of Australian permanent residents.
- Parental Permission must be submitted for nominations of persons under the age of 18 years.
- Once you have submitted your nomination entry you will receive a confirmation email.
- Awards are decided by a panel of selected judges with expertise in folk music and the folk music sector. Their decisions are deemed final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Five (5) Finalists will be selected to be featured at the AFMA AWARDS event (Wednesday 26th October) Name of Finalists will be announced on 1st September. Finalists may be required to provide additional media information/images.
This Form must be submitted before midnight on Saturday 31st July 2022.
Nomination For Youth Artist of The Year
Post expires at 11:59pm on Sunday July 31st, 2022