CONDITIONS AND RULES:
Please read all conditions and rules before completing Nomination Form
- This Award recognizes an outstanding Album of traditional music played in any folk music genre.
- The Award recognizes the recording artist(s) and others that have contributed to it’s recording
- An Album is considered to be a body of at least six (6) tracks or 30 minutes of music of which 75% are to be in the ‘traditional style’.
- The album shall be released for public purchase or access between the period 1st July 2021 to 30th June 2022.
- The panel will assess the following:- musical proficiency, creativity of arrangement, concept of the album and recording quality, potential interest and impact of album.
- A Nomination/Entry Fee of $25 is required to be paid at the time of the entry. This fee covers costs of coordination/ processing of entries. The fee is to be paid by credit card (Debit card not accepted) Entries will not be accepted without payment of the fee. The fee is non-refundable.
Nomination for Folk Album of The Year – Traditional
- All Nominations must be made via the On-Line Entry Form
- All questions must be completed and information supplied in the format designated. Your application may be invalid if all information is not submitted in the correct format.
- You may nominate for more than one AFMA Award (if applicable a separate fee must be paid)
- Nominations open in June and close on 12 Midnight Sunday 31st July 2022 EST.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- The nominated artist for Album of the Year Traditional must be an Australian Permanent Resident. Group/Acts members must comprise 50% of Australian Permanent Residents.
- Parental Permission must be submitted for nominations of persons under the age of 18 years.
- Once you have submitted your nomination entry and paid the entry fee you will receive a confirmation email.
- Awards are decided by a panel of selected judges with expertise in folk music and the folk music sector. Their decisions are deemed final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Five (5) Finalists will be selected to be featured at the AFMA AWARDS event (Wednesday 26th October) Names of Finalists will be announced on 1st September. Finalists may be required to provide additional media information/images.
- All recordings must fulfil legal requirements meaning songwriters have been properly credited and appropriate royalties have been paid
This Form must be submitted before midnight on Saturday 31st July 2022 EST. A Nomination Fee of $25 must be paid as part of the lodgement process
Nomination For Album of the Year – Traditional
Post expires at 11:59pm on Sunday July 31st, 2022