FOLK ALLIANCE AUSTRALIA SMALL GRANTS SCHEME – Closed.
Folk Alliance Australia is pleased to announce a new initiative:
Small Grants Scheme for ‘Folk-based’ Music / Arts Projects 2016
Do you have a great project that could be supported by a small grant?
In 2016 FAA will offer grants of $3,000 each for up to 4 projects
- Funding is for projects that take place between October 2016 & May 2017
- Applications close at 5pm on Friday 19th August 2016
- Funding decisions announced on September 16th 2016
AIMS OF SMALL GRANTS SCHEME
- To encourage and support a diversity of small but significant folk music / folk cultural projects
- Support small projects that raise the profile of the folk industry and community
- Offer small grants in an ‘easy to apply’ format.
- Applicant must be a current FAA member (Organisation or Individual).
- Funding is for small folk music/folk cultural projects commencing from Oct 1st 2016 and completed by May 1st 2017.
- Projects can be anything related to folk-genre music/dance/cultural activity (for example performance/recording or publication/artistic development/special projects/displays/travel). FAA encourages applications for projects that involve a wide range of folk genres, cultural backgrounds, regions, genders and ages.
- Funds must be used for projects not funded by other funding bodies and not reliant on other forms of funding. An invoice with an ABN will be required from applicant if successful.
- Applicant must submit their application on the form provided. FAA may contact applicant to request further information if required.
- FAA logo is to be used on any printed/promotional material and FAA support acknowledged by successful projects.
- A short project report and photo/video documentation including any media coverage is to be submitted to FAA within 12 weeks of completion of project. Funds must be used for the purpose in the application or will be required to be repaid.
- FAA will have permission to report on projects & their outcomes (for example in FAA newsletters).
- Applicants will be notified of funding decision by email and/or text. Decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Applications will be assessed by the FAA Grants Committee.
- Funding will be paid to successful applicants from 16th September 2016 by Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Enquires: email@example.com or call Keith Preston 0418839264
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide the following information:
- Project Title
- Describe the project you are seeking funds for in 150-200 words. Why is this project important? What will it achieve or contribute to the folk scene/industry?
- Short Biography (Resume) of applicant and any key people involved in project
- Please attach any other support material you think will assist your application (small files only e.g. artist biography / fuller project description / any other information / images)
- What is the total cost of project? How will the FAA funds be used?
- Contact Person & Details (Organisation / Applicant Name / Mobile Number / Email / Web / Social Media etc)
- If your application is successful, we will require your ABN & Bank details for EFT deposit
- Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 19th August 2016