Mission / Context / Vision / Policy / Objective
Mission statement: To elevate Australia's diverse performing folk arts industry into the mainstream of our cultural life.
Context: We represent Australian festivals, events, performers and community groups in nurturing, preserving and developing Australia's diverse folk arts; the cultural bonds which give our community its identity and cohesion.
Vision Statement … To represent the interests of cultural events which encourage the understanding of folklore as the cultural bond that holds individuals, groups and communities together and provides their cultural identity by promoting the artistic expression of ordinary people through diverse art forms.
Policy Statement … That Folk Alliance Australia strives to reflect Australian cultural diversity in its activities and decision making processes.
Objective Statement …
• to provide a forum for folk activity Organisers and Activists which encourages networking, information sharing, fellowship, training and encouragement that will enhance the quality and performance of folk activities in Australia.
• To lobby on behalf of folk activity organisers and activists and to represent them in any forum that affects the future and operation of folk activities in Australia.
• to promote Australian folk activities to overseas and domestic markets.
• to provide administrative and communicative devices that will assist folk activity organisers and activists.
• to provide and resources necessary to assist in the development and improvement of folk activities in Australia.
• to assist in defining the roles and creating the vision for folk activities in Australia.