CONDITIONS AND RULES:
Please read all conditions and rules before completing Nomination Form
- This award recognizes an outstanding album of contemporary folk music played in any folk music genre. (If your album draws from a specific folk tradition you could consider entering the ‘Traditional Album’ category).
- The Award recognizes the recording artist(s) and others that have contributed to it’s recording
- The album comprises a body of at least six (6) tracks or 30 mins of music.
- The album shall be released for public purchase or access between 1st July 2022 to 30th June 2023.
- The panel will assess the following:- musical proficiency, creativity of arrangement, concept of the album and recording quality, potential interest & impact of the album.
- A nomination/Entry Fee of $25 is required to be paid at the time of the entry. This fee covers costs of coordination/ processing of entries. The fee is to be paid by credit card (Debit card not accepted) Entries will not be accepted without payment of fee. The fee is Non-refundable.
Nomination for Folk Album of The Year – Contemporary
- IMPORTANT – YOUR NOMINATION IS ASSESSED PRIMARILY ON INFORMATION YOU GIVE IN THIS NOMINATION FORM. WE ARE ASSESSING YOUR ACTIVITY/PROJECTS FOR THE PERIOD JULY 2022 – JUNE 2023. PLEASE ENSURE YOU PROVIDE INFORMATION ON THIS BASIS.
- All Nominations must be made via the online Entry Form
- All questions must be completed and information requested is to be supplied as links or attachments only as requested. Your Application may be invalid if all information is not submitted.
- You may nominate for more than one AFMA Award (if applicable a separate fee must be paid)
- Nominations open in June and close on 12 Midnight Sunday 31st July 2023 EST.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- The nominated artist for Album of the Year -Contemporary must be an Australian Permanent Resident. Group/Acts members must comprise 50% of Australian Permanent Residents.
- Parental Permission must be submitted for nominations of persons under the age of 18 years.
- Once you have submitted your nomination entry and paid the entry fee you will receive a confirmation email.
- Awards are decided by a panel of selected judges with expertise in folk music and the folk music sector. Their decisions are deemed final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Five (5) Finalists will be selected to be featured at the AFMA AWARDS event (Wed 25 h October) Names of Finalists will be announced on 1st September. Finalists may be required to provide additional media information/images.
- All recordings must fulfill legal requirements meaning songwriters have been properly credited and mechanical royalties have been paid
This Form must be submitted before midnight on Sunday 31st July 2023 EST. A nomination Fee of $25 must be paid as part of the lodgement process